Thursday, September 4, 2008

Unplugged


One of the best things about NYC is the immense talent of locally based musicians - some more amazing than others - who make the music scene of New York so exciting and diverse.

I'm really proud to say that I've already had the opportunity to work with some of these great musicians - and though I know it's just the beginning of the journey and I haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg in many ways, this has really been a huge treat for me.

Several months ago, I was introduced to Billy Jay Stein, who apparently is not only an amazing musician and an incredibly down-to-earth, warm person, but is also related to one of my heros - the magical force behind "Funny Girl", Jule Styne.

Billy and I met at Bluenote/EMI HQ in NY while I was preparing for my EMI performance, and from the day we first got together to jam at his studio, I was so hooked - literally didn't want to stop rehearsing, he was just so amazing and so comfortable to work with from day one!

A couple of months later, we also wrote a song together with Jeff Franzel (Billy is a really fabulous writer - great ideas and incredibly inspiring vibe, which is VERY rare) called "Beautiful", which I'm sure many of you have heard on myspace :-)

But here's a little something just for you.... Can't put it up on myspace as it really was recorded (in mono!) during our little rehearsal - it's not even a demo, just us two jamming! - so we can't share this, guys! But you can have a listen to our little duet... "What If It's You"

No comments: