Thursday, October 16, 2008

How to Celebrate UK Top 30?

What an amateur way to go out on Thursday night and celebrate the Top 30 entry of "Thinking of Someone Else" in the UK's Music Week Pop/Club Chart as of next week... KARAOKE bar for two - yes, karaoke!

Top numbers of the night? Let's see... Our "celebration" playlist was diverse (and impromptu) ranging from "Beauty and the Beast" to "Hey Jude" and then on to a couple of Russian songs that neither of us thought we'd remember after all these years!

The strangest part of the big celebration was the following - I never told my friend about the single charting in the UK alongside today's commercial hits, such as Anastacia, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Boy George, etc. Why? I was too embarrassed to come across as pretentious, I guess. Not a very solid excuse, I agree, but I wasn't quite sure it was appropriate.

The night was spent in the karaoke bar celebrating the "X News" except I forgot to mention it... But what a blast - and the worst part of it was that I actually took it VERY seriously and sang most of the songs as if it were a proper performance. Sad, really, but hilarious!!

So once we're in the Top 20, where shall we celebrate it? (Openly, I hope.)

Still wondering... Can't come up with the best possible venue as of yet... And the most unusual one, too!

No comments: