Sunday, October 11, 2009

Been Too Long... But here's why!

There are times when I really miss the daily blogs followed by instant reactions that usually developed into full-on electronic dialogues. But for better or worse, I can only count on a few minutes here and there to post my regular (or nowadays "irregular"... My bad!) updates. Not surprisingly, though, it takes me so long to actually get to the computer for these overdue "news blogs" that I tend to forget half of them by the time I'm typing away yet again!
So, first things first... Earlier this afternoon, we heard from our European counterpart that the authors of "Is It True" (Christopher Neil, Oskar Pall and yours truly) performed most gloriously by Yohanna, have been awarded for the #1 Eurovision Song of the Decade as voted by the ESC viewers and ESC Today readers worldwide. Did we really beat some of the greats, such as Andrew Lloyd Webber, Diane Warren, Ronan Keating, Patricia Kaas, etc. to name but a few? I'm still reeling from this, to be honest!
And from Sweden - this very song was performed at the Swedish Idol semi-finals (and won the semi's!) by Erik Gronwall last week... which, by the way, you can hear (and see) right here.
Now, on a political note... As I'm getting ready to return to the UN Radio HQ next week to resume my weekly UN Uncovered show on Progressive Radio Network (it's been over a month, I can't believe it!) I am still trying to keep up with international political affairs... Believe it or not, I do read the Financial Times - still, even a year after the August War back home... So.... The other day, as I was surfing the web and reading the online Friday edition of the FT, I came across this article:
"Iceland after a year of financial crisis
Financial Times - London, England, UK
'Is it true? Is it over? Did I throw it away?' Seldom can the words
from an entry in the Eurovision Song Contest be more appropriate..."
To read more, please go to: FT.com
If you read on, you'll be equally surprised by the sudden twist - a pop song lyric in a heavily political piece? I couldn't be more excited, though, I admit!
And pop songs aside, I can proudly confirm that I am about to start working with the great Timothy Graphenreed, who wrote my very first song for me back when I was 16 years old, on our Broadway-themed concert to take place in NYC (theater, date, etc. TBC) in the new year - a variety of songs, ranging from American standards and some of my own tunes... Quite a challenge, but I'm extremely excited and really, really psyched!
While brand new material is on its way, I can already give you a quick hint - there's about 4-5 new tunes that I'm dying to post on here asap, but it will have to wait until it's been sent to my publishers at Kobalt Music and straight onto my homepage.
Please do stay tuned for more news and I promise to keep this blog up to date as much as possible... But for now, happy holiday to everyone (Columbus Day, if you haven't noticed - some of the stores are closed today.... Brrrr.....!)

No comments: