Thursday, September 17, 2009

What's Up, Doc?

Well, the summer is now officially over and who would have thought - the workload is still full on regardless of the season!


With so much writing (both fiction and songs), rehearsing for the upcoming show and meticulous planning, I don't think I've ever juggled so many projects all at once. But that's what makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?


Over the past couple of months, I've been blessed to discover some fabulous new songwriters - and I don't just mean producer/writers but solid composers. Some people say the craft of songwriting is slowly disappearing, but let's face it, there's got to be some cracking talent on their way to writing a classic or two in the coming years! I suppose this is something I'm most excited about - finding new talent and seeing it blossom in front of my eyes. Creativity - it pushes all my buttons, that's for sure!


We're anticipating some very exciting covers this fall, including Yanni's upcoming new album and a PBS Special.


And of course, our very own "Thinking of Someone Else" remixed by Mystery & Matt Early - this brand new Jazz Funk mix is about to hit the radio stations thanks to the amazing work by Media 2 Radio worldwide and TopHit.ru in Russia!


Keep your eyes and ears open for more updates...


P.S. More songs coming your way within the next few weeks, including a brand new single "Treat Me Like a Woman" which I've just written with Fabulous Fab & Christopher Neil... It will be recorded in NYC's Lower Eastside Flux Studios next month. I'm so psyched, cannot wait to share it with all of you!

No comments: