Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We the Peoples EPK shoot - en bref


Unbelievable... I just woke up on the couch at 1.45 a.m. in front of the TV like a middle aged housewife and a mother of five!

Had a rather adventurous day filming the Talk Market video EPK for "We the Peoples", my UN song. I'm not allowed the report the venue where we shot the video (intriguing, but really - it was hush-hush!) but it was nice, cozy and very classy :-)

In-between singing a straight cappella, lip-syncing to the track and answering the questions of the interviewer, we also had a good laugh and even sang one of the top Russian cartoon songs from Crocodile Gena after it was all done, done... Hilarious!

I really loved singing for the cameras - we had two of them, instead of one, so it was double the fun! The most amusing part of the process was wiring myself with the mic through my complicated attire - and couldn't ask for any help, obviously, so it was somewhat DIY in that respect.

Didn't want it to end at all, kept asking for "another take', the crew must have thought I was a little on the crazy side, but they were so friendly and so warm.

Looking forward to more... And can't wait to see the final edit of the footage, should be interesting! I will, of course, post the video on myspace as soon as I get a copy, it shouldn't take too long.

I wish I could write more, but I have a long songwriting session tomorrow and it's gone well past 2 a.m. Although, having said that, I am a bit of an owl and usually don't go to sleep till early in the morning. But not this time.... Just really wanted to share a tad bit of today's experience - loved it, loved it, loved it.

"We the Peoples" !!!! My UN gang would have had a blast this afternoon.... I have to admit, those days at the UN with my intern friends were so much fun, I just wish I could write about it one day... Maybe I will.... But we might get arrested for having had too much fun while a lot of the bureaucrats were trying to get some work done :-)

So.... "WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS determined to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war.........."

No comments: