Monday, May 31, 2010

No excuses!

I could list about 101 reasons as to why I have not written a new blog since 2009... But the truth is, it really has been so manic, time and again it came down to either writing a blog or a new chapter for the book. A tough call when you're on a deadline, but at the same time, I've missed blogging so much - it's good to be back!

On the one hand, I'd love to write a whole update of what's been happening since the back end of the year... But I wonder if it might be a handful to digest - and a fine line between enthusiasm and, quite frankly, narcissism. Ha, I'll save myself the aggravation :)

While I'm nearly halfway through the memoir with Chuck Taylor and my amazing agent, Colleen, music has really become the central point of my career - and quite rightly so. I feel that I've been blessed with so many different opportunities (and jobs!) over the past few years, I barely had any time to make music... Until I came straight back to what I love the most since the Kobalt Publishing deal knocked on my door in July of last year (shortly after Eurovision).

I've been blessed to have met so many wonderful songwriters and producers since then - and have written for some fabulous artists, which is an honor in itself, and a great source of fun and creativity, too. Would list their names but let's wait for the records to "drop" in the digital stores first, OK? Particularly excited about the French cut AND a new record coming out in Britain... No escape from my London days, that's for sure!

Before I dash off to my rehearsal on Memorial Day Weekend (Aww, did I mention we started rehearsing for the Broadway show? Yippee...) I'd like to thank you all for hanging in there and being so patient with my insane schedule -- it's all really falling into place now, hallelujah, I feel so blessed and fortunate... And so very excited, it's surreal!

Do promise to try my best and stay in touch... And watch this space for a super-fun new website (official Tinatin Music homepage) in the works and due to be launched very soon!

Blessings to you all,

T xx

No comments: