Saturday, July 11, 2009

Williamsburg to Siberia...


On my way to Williamsburg to finish a new tune with Christian from GoodandEvil (one of my most exciting recent discoveries!) that we started the very day we heard about a great loss in our barely intact world of music and entertainment... MJ.

So much has been written, spoken and especially fabricated about this one-of-a-kind artist with a capital letter "A", it's becoming increasingly difficult to be able to tell the difference between what's true and what's utterly untrue and false. As I'm typing this blog, Larry King and his colleagues are speculating about the possible reasons as to "why, how and when..." May he R.I.P. - or are we incapable of granting one's final wish, I wonder?

I never really intended to blog about this, particularly because of the overwhelming number of articles, blogs and statements issued over the past couple of weeks, but on the other hand, how can one blame people for not being able to ignore the life and death of someone as significant in the world of music, entertainment and our pop culture?

On a lighter note, daily news feeds and airplay updates are coming through from back home. Yes, "Thinking of Someone Else" has finally been released in Russia and what is now known as the CIS - the original Dean St. Radio Mix of "ToSE" hit 179 cities across the former USSR last Friday and is climbing up the charts. It made me smile when I heard from my Russian representative yesterday that this very track is one of the highlight new releases according to the main FM station in... Siberia. I mean, seriously, NY to Siberia and beyond - is the world shrinking or...?

The Riffs & Rays Remix is going to hit the radio stations back home within the next few days, although one of my personal favorite stations in Russia, Europe + already aired the premiere of the tune on one of its leading weekend shows, "Euro-Mix" last Saturday night. Hearing the same song on various European and US stations over the past few months was probably not as bizarre as listening to it on one of my childhood favorite programs - it took me way back to my teenage years when I listened to the radio, wrapped up in bed on a winter night with my earphones and a radio Walkman hidden away under the blanket WAY past midnight!!!

Wait, wait... "ToSE" is still in the Top 5 on iDance FM... How come? Requests... Really!!! The good "old school" way.

There's so much more I'd like to share with you all, but since I'm already running late for my session with Chris (plus, I daren't spill the beans just yet about the rest of my upcoming stuff...) I've got to cut right here. And I promise to keep you posted in the following weeks as the latest projects and news "in the making" unfold on daily basis. I'm so psyched!

No comments: